Top 20 Best of SXSW 2013 : Phony Ppl
If you went to their performance at the Brooklyn Bowl then you already know Phony Ppl mean business, and we can’t stress this enough.
Why do they make the cut ?
Phony Ppl deserve all the props they are given. The 9 member band has been rocking the scene with their infectious rhythm since 08, and with the birth of “WTF is Phonyland” in 09 , have exploded on a worldwide scale – with no intentions to cease fire . The bands more recent compilation, “Nothing Special” features the track “Status” of which the visuals show footage from their tour and drummer Matthew Byas’s home, aka “Casa de la Phony”, all in “first person” view.
- Phony Ppl at Blue Note Jazz Club
- Theophilus London and Phony Ppl @ Brooklyn Museum
- Top 20 Best of SXSW 2013: Action Bronson
- Top 20 Best of SXSW 2013: Kitty
- Top 20 Best of SXSW 2013: Vinny Cha$e